Written by Travis Kemper, PT, DPT
The Importance of a Good Recruiter and Company
Your position is only as good as your company, and your company is only as good as your recruiter. We never want to fight over money, we want at least acceptable benefits, and we want a company that stands behind their travelers. At the end of the day, we are the talent, and they should want to keep us on their team by treating us right.
Don’t Make the Same Mistake
The biggest mistake we made early in the process was requesting more information from Allied Travel Career’s website. The calls, texts, and emails still haven’t stopped years later. When we did find recruiters that we liked and trusted, they disappeared (sometimes mysteriously), got promoted, or changed companies. Recruiters are in the sales business, and sales is a field with very high turnover. You are going to want recruiters that are in it for the long haul, are honest, and actually listen to your wishes.
The company is important as well. Preferably they take care of your recruiter and you throughout your career as a traveler. Glassdoor.com and indeed.com are good places to start that can provide you employee reviews on just about any company you can think of.
A Few Considerations in Choosing A Recruiter
- How long have they been with the company?
- How many travelers do they work with?
- Do they respond quickly to your calls, texts, emails?
- Does the recruiter seem honest and transparent with you, or are they being shady and withholding information?
A Few Considerations in Choosing a Company
- Look at their benefits package and make sure it meets your needs
- Are you eligible for 401k, and if so when? Do they offer a company match? What is the vesting schedule?
- When does insurance coverage start, day 1 or day 30?
- See if they offer any bonuses such as travel reimbursements, referral bonuses, overtime bonuses, contract extension bonuses, etc.
- Do they offer 40 hour guarantees for contracts?
- Do they cover costs of licensing, credentialing, and continuing education?
Picking the Right Company and Recruiter for You
There is a lot to take into account when choosing the best travel therapy company and recruiter. We definitely recommend working with 2-3 companies at a time to give yourself the most options when searching for a travel contract.
If you don’t want to go through the process of combing through the hundreds of companies and thousands of recruiters yourself, fill out our recruiter recommendations form and we will send you to a few of our most trusted recruiters!
One thought on “How to Find a Travel Therapy Company and Recruiter”